Principal data scientist & product manager2014 - current
- Envision, research & launch industry-leading analytics & UX solutions on an enterprise
data storage system.
- Managing a team focused on analytics, design, and data science.
- Manage the design & launch of a data-driven prefetch solution increasing customer read
- Use Tableau, Jupyter Python notebooks, Excel & SQL to investigate, analyze, and
deliver insights for a variety of businesses and technical challenges. Present findings to small teams
and the whole company.
- Launch a cloud-based monitoring and analytics platform used by 90% of our customer
base. This differentiated product drives engagement of existing customers and acquisition of new customers.
|University of Washington |
Instructor - data visualization2016 - current
- Teach a hands-on data visualization continuing education course for working professionals.
- Focus on the scaffolding of data visualization strategies including: history of datavis,
understanding your audience, data acquisition and cleaning, and building tool proficiency
in Tableau and Excel.
- Working with the committee to design courses and content for data analytics.
Real estate data scientist2013 - 2014
- Brainstormed, researched, designed and wrote data-driven stories about the real estate market including:
Cities a Billionaire Can Buy
and Hottest Neighborhoods. Achieved all-time highs
for web blog traffic.
Product manager - data & analytics2010 - 2013
- Designed & managed a pixel-tracking system (like Google Analytics) for deep knowledge of website visitors.
- Created software solutions that helped companies improve search engine rankings via links & content.
- Drove company decisions and innovation with data science for SEO, website tracking,
, business intelligence.
|Foundry Interactive |
Online marketing consultant, web developer, principal2008 - 2010
- Worked with a variety of small and large business to deliver online marketing and web solutions.
- Built an A/B testing framework for a marketing website to help optimize conversions.
Senior data analyst2006 - 2008
- Analyzed national and local residential real estate markets. Billions of data points processed.
- Built quarterly reports used by national media, including
WSJ, NYT. C#, SQL Server, Windows scripting.
- Led the creation and deployment of a set of open source US city neighborhood boundary maps.
Software development engineer/test2001 - 2005
- Built stress testing scripts and automation for the ASP.Net web server platform.
- Built a performance testing app & database system for measuring the speed & stability of ASP.Net/IIS.